Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Paleo Lettuce Wraps
found at everydaypaleo.com

Chicken Mixture
4-5 chicken breast
3 tsp wheat free soy sauce (I used light soy sauce.... I'm not that paleo)
1/2 c chicken broth
garlic powder to taste
2 zucchinis diced
6-8 mushrooms diced sesame oil (I used a lot of this. buy the bigger bottle)
{also Smiths was the best bet on the ingredients used in this recipe}

Condiments
1 head iceburg lettuce for wrapping
green or purple cabbage, shredded
bell peppers finely chopped
3 ish green onions chopped
1 can water chestnuts diced
slivered almonds
2-3 carrots finely chopped

*Place chicken, garlic powder, soy sauce and broth in crockpot

*Cook chicken in crockpot on low 6 ish hours (fall apart)

*When chicken is done, shred it really good. I used a butcher knife and cut it up.

*In a big pan/pot saute zucchinis and mushrooms in a generous amount of sesame oil until tender (cook on medium heat and watch out you don't burn the oil)

*Add shredded chicken and mix.

*Serve with condiments.

*Top off with hot chille sauce and San J Thai Peanut sauce (found at Smiths)

Seriously this puts other lettuce wraps to shame. Mat's very favorite paleo recipe I've ever made. No joke.

1 comment:

  1. I just found what to cook for dinner tonight! Thanks!
    Also, thanks for sharing your blog - I'm always looking for healthy recipes!

    ReplyDelete