Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Paleo Lasagna
by thatgirldownsouth


1 package of hot Italian sausage with casings removed
1 butternut squash peeled and sliced
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce (unflavored)
5 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 diced yellow onion
handful of fresh basil
1 tbsp of Italian seaoning
1 tsp of oregano
1 tsp of thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup red wine

*Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a deep pot. Cook onions and garlic in the oil on medium high heat until soft. Add all cans of tomato to the garlic and onions and reduce heat to medium. Add all seasonings and fresh basil to the pot.

*Crumble up sausage and add to the sauce. Reduce to low heat. Add red wine if desired.

*While the sauce simmers peel, remove seeds, and slice your butternut squash.

*Layer half of it in the bottom of an oiled dish.

*Pour half of the sauce on top of the squash. layer more squash and pour remaining sauce over the top.

*Bake at 400 uncovered for an hour. Turn broiler on at the very end to darken the top and cook off any excess liquid.

YUM YUM enjoy

4 comments:

  1. I desire to add red wine. Yay I can't wait to try this!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that dang red wine.... why does it make everything taste so much better!! xo let me know if you like it. Also post some of your fav recipes. I want some new ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I'm adding you to my blog lists so I can keep track of your yummy recipes. I think I'm gonna try this one tonight. Thanks for starting this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah! Hi there!!! Hopefully they'll be everybody's and not just mine. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete