Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chicken Marinade

This is a Kathryn original. I know some of my crossfitting friends already have this recipe so here it is for anyone else that wants it. I use this every time (or some version of it) I grill chicken. I've put this chicken over green salads, kabobs, and just for a normal chicken dinner with veggies. Enjoy.

As a side note. I don't really measure these ingredients. So they might need some adjusting for your taste buds.

4 Chicken breasts/ or any other part of the bird
1/2 cup Olive oil
1/2 cup lime, lemon (fresh or bottled, I don't think it matters) or orange juice
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
a large spoonful of minced garlic (bottled minced garlic or 6 cloves)
fresh pepper
not paleo... but I generously sprinkle across the top some of Morton's Nature's Seasoning. I love this stuff.


* I rinse the frozen (rarely thawed) chicken and put it and all the ingredients into a large Ziploc bag.

* Shake the bag around so the meat is coated with the seasoned goodness.

* Let thaw in the fridge, sink, counter

* When thawed and time to cook. I preheat the grill on High. Lower a heat a little bit when I add the meat. Then cook for about 6 minutes on each side. Or until the meat is cooked through.

Good luck with this one. I hope the measurements are okay. I don't think you can really go wrong.




No comments:

Post a Comment